Your Health & Fitness.
How important is your health and fitness to you? If you were not fit and healthy what could you do, who would look after you? If you are overweight, unfit, eat too much food/chocolate/cake/biscuits/crisps or drink too much alcohol – whose responsibility is it?
Reality is that at some point we have to take responsibility for our own health and fitness. It’s about choices. You can choose to remain overweight, unfit etc. or you can make healthy choices about what you choose to eat or drink. You can choose to be lazy and fat or start moving your body to become fit, trim and healthy – the choice is yours.
The benefits of eating healthy nutritious meals and exercising on a daily basis (even if its just a 30 minute walk) are too many to list. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, raised blood pressure & type 2 diabetes
- Provide enough energy to keep active throughout the day
- Enough nutrients for growth and repair and to stay strong
- Lower your risk of early death by up to 30%
- Exercise boosts self esteem and confidence as well as your mood
- Improved sleep quality
- Exercise reduces your risk of stress, anxiety and depression
Stopping smoking is the single most important thing you can do for your heart health. Stopping smoking has huge benefits and it’s never to late to quit, reducing your rise of coronary heart disease, stroke and many different cancers.
So again, I ask ‘Who is responsible for your weight, health and fitness?’
Your life – your choice.
Making changes to your lifestyle or the way you live your life doesn’t have to be difficult. Start with small, simple changes e.g. smaller meal portions or 30 minutes exercise every other day and build it up.