What is burnout and how you can reverse it to feel
Burnout is a state of physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. It is a serious condition that can have a significant impact on your health, your relationships, and your work.
Symptoms of burnout
The symptoms can vary from person to person, but they may include:
- Feeling exhausted and drained
- Having difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Feeling cynical or negative about your work
- Having low self-esteem or feeling worthless
- Having trouble sleeping or eating
- Experiencing physical symptoms such as headaches, stomachaches, or muscle tension
- Feeling isolated or disconnected from others
- Having thoughts of quitting your job or giving up on your goals
Causes of burnout
Here are some can factors, including:
- Excessive work demands
- Lack of control over your work
- Lack of support from your colleagues or supervisor
- Poor work-life balance
- Personal problems such as financial difficulties or health problems
How to prevent burnout
There are a number of things you can do to prevent burnout, including:
- Set realistic goals and expectations for yourself
- Learn to say no to requests that you don’t have time for
- Take breaks throughout the day to relax and recharge
- Make time for activities that you enjoy outside of work
- Get enough sleep and eat a healthy diet
- Exercise regularly
- Connect with friends and family for support
- Seek professional help if you’re struggling to cope with stress
How to recover from burnout
If you’re already experiencing burnout, there are a number of things you can do to recover, including:
- Take some time off from work
- Talk to a therapist or counselor
- Join a support group
- Make changes to your lifestyle, such as getting more sleep, eating healthier, and exercising more
- Learn to manage your stress
- Set boundaries at work and in your personal life
- Find a new job that is a better fit for you
Burnout is a serious condition, but it is treatable. If you’re struggling with burnout, don’t hesitate to seek help. There are a number of things you can do to prevent burnout and to recover from it if you do experience it.
Here is an article about Burnout in the NHS which is interesting to read.
How I can help you
I use a combination of hypnosis, coaching and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) when working with busy people who are suffering from burnout. When it becomes a habit, it’s stored deep within your subconscious mind, which is where all your habits are stored.
Hypnosis is an effective way to re-program your mind to overcome unwanted ways of thinking and feeling, to create new good habits to override the old unwanted habits. EFT or tapping is a fast effective therapy to help you to take back control, once you have cleared how to tap, you have it for life.
I offer help and support to enable you to change your lifestyle and your mindset in healthy positive ways.
Using a combination of hypnosis and EFT I have a 99.6% success rate with the people that I work with, who want to recover from burnout – so that you can feel calm and in control. No more anxiety, stress, exhaustion or self-doubt.
I offer a free 20 minute confidential telephone consultation to give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and I can offer advice accordingly. All contact details are on the Contact me page and at the bottom of my website.
You don’t have to struggle every day with life, it doesn’t have to be this way. Make the decision to create change in your life, get in touch to set up a consultation call today.
Change your mindset and change your life.